We are super excited on our new project. This one is gonna be big and serious, but yet very cool, whacky and ambitious . But before that, a quick recap of our last project 26/11 National anthem…
- We roped in who’s who of Bollywood: Farhan Akhtar, Sonu Nigam, Sunidh Chohan Shreya Goshal, Kailash Kher, Shaan, Salim & Sulaiman.
- 26/11 National anthem was pre-released at prestigious MAMI film festival and was played for more than 540 times
- Made big dhamaka with the release at PVR , Cinemax and later at Inox
- Hit a controversy with a family refusing to standup for the national anthem at Kurla PVR
- Was trending on twitter for 3 days , where many celebrities like Sonam Kapoor, Anupum Kher etc appreciated our work
So, what’s our next project ? here is the gist. I request you’ll to hold on, take a moment , re-read and think and then answer
We are in talks with brands, some really cool celebrities on board…If it interest you and you want to be part it. Feel free to reach us at email@example.com
This one is gona be epic 🙂
On 29th November the whole internet and media went bonkers with half news and incomplete story where a ‘Family was thrown out for disrespecting the national anthem’ the story is not correct.
As its our national anthem that they are playing, we confirmed the correct version of the story
Yes, its true the Family was asked to leave the cinema house for disrespecting the national anthem but for disrespecting the heroes of 26/11.
Here is the some point that was missed by media:
1. It was not a regular national anthem that was played that night , it was special national anthem made in an honor of 26/11 heroes featuring 100 plus heroes who saved many lives and family of Martyrs. People’s anger in the theatre was not because the family disrespected the national anthem, but because they disrespected the heroes and martyrs family of 26/11.
2. Perhaps you may think that the family had no knowledge that national anthem is on 26/11, wrong!, The initial intro by Farhan Akhtar voice clearly says ” this national anthem is dedicated to 26/11 heroes i.e Mumbai Police, NSG Commando, Fire brigade and martyrs…. and you all are requested to stand up for the national anthem “.
Forget the rule book\ law whether to stand or not, but wouldn’t your blood boil if you see someone disrespecting our national heroes like Sandeep Unnikrishnan or Hemant Karkare who took gun shot to their heart so we could see this day?
You may see the video of national anthem and decide yourself , here is link :
Though it was sad to see that some people didn’t standup for the national anthem, what was even more disheartening was few media addressing the family on basis of their religion. FYI the first person to come aboard and support unknown bunch of youth, with just reading our sms was Salim Merchant – Not a Muslim man, but an Indian who believed in the cause
26/11 Mumbai terror attack is something that no Mumbaikar will ever forget. It’s really tragic that we all remember the name of the terrorist but not our heroes… so thought of making a national anthem that will stand as a testament of heroic act by our brave officers for years to come. ( for details on this project check http://www.fadoo.tv/Tribute/) I started working on this project somewhere in 2012 it took 3 years to make it happen, here some highlights:
- The video features around 80+ top Mumbai police officers, around 100+ staff and employee of Cama Hospital, Taj Mahal palaces, Oberoi hotel.(zaroor iska bada contact or pehachan hoga – NO)
- It’s shot in the prominent place of south Bombay where the event took place i.e Outside CST, Taj, Marine lines, Cama Hospital, Girgoan chowpatty.(ameer baap hoga ?- NO)
- And this National Anthem sang by Bollywood top singers like Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chohan, Kailash Kher, Sherya Ghoshal , Shaan and music by Salim & Sulaiman …. (array film industry ka background hoga- NO)
So how did we make this happen, a quick back story…
When I first thought about this idea and discussed with my friends, family and pitched with corporate, this was their reaction:
My friends reaction:
Me : Buddy, the video will have around 100+ heroes of 26/11 ….
Friends: (interrupting in between) mc, shakal dekhi hai… , kya teray pass political contact hai or do you know any big shot?????
Friends: bholjaa bhai… its impossible!
Tried talking with big corporates :
Me: This video will be beautifully shot at the prominent place of south Bombay…at CST, Taj…
Client : (interrupting me) ..Do you have an experience of working on the project on this scale…how old are you????
Me : Wel…our team…(bc, he interrupted me again )
Client : .. It’s an over ambitious project, it is impossible!!!
Discussing the idea with family
Me: My plan is to have Bollywood singers for the national anthem…
Family: hahahahahahahahaha (laughing like mad) is uncle, chacha chichi, mama mami …working in the industry, that we don’t know or do you know anybody personaly?
Me : nope !
Family: (still laughing) u cant do it …this is impossible!
Did I have contacts or pehachan? – NO,
Did I have money or producer? – NO,
Is my mom,dad, uncle, chacha chachi …working in the industry ? NOOOO!
Is this video completed ? – YES, bigger and better of what I thought :).. Planning for a big launch…
Here are some pic:
Will write more on how we made this impossible to possible in my next blog,
Wants to hear your thoughts, do comment, thx!
Welcome to my blog…here I’m gona tell you, all that’s happening in Fadoo TV. What we do? How we do? Our little ups and mannnnnny downs …The purpose of this blog is to reach out to you and tell the world to dream big, believe in it…it will come true! Nothing is impossible…