We made this film around 2 years back, we met and spoke with some of the top brands, leading ad agency, leading publication houses … Every body loved the video, but for some reason it never materialize with any. After lot thinking and waiting, we decided to go solo , was it good decision? Here is what we achieved :
1. We trended on twitter in India in top 20 list on women’s day
2. The film is still being played in Cinepolis Cinemas, pan India
3. More than 50 + national, regional newspaper covered our story.
All this was achieved with no media spend!
We are working on 2nd leg to the initiative this gonna be bigger than what we did before, hopefully we should have brand on board this time
On 29th November the whole internet and media went bonkers with half news and incomplete story where a ‘Family was thrown out for disrespecting the national anthem’ the story is not correct.
As its our national anthem that they are playing, we confirmed the correct version of the story
Yes, its true the Family was asked to leave the cinema house for disrespecting the national anthem but for disrespecting the heroes of 26/11.
Here is the some point that was missed by media:
1. It was not a regular national anthem that was played that night , it was special national anthem made in an honor of 26/11 heroes featuring 100 plus heroes who saved many lives and family of Martyrs. People’s anger in the theatre was not because the family disrespected the national anthem, but because they disrespected the heroes and martyrs family of 26/11.
2. Perhaps you may think that the family had no knowledge that national anthem is on 26/11, wrong!, The initial intro by Farhan Akhtar voice clearly says ” this national anthem is dedicated to 26/11 heroes i.e Mumbai Police, NSG Commando, Fire brigade and martyrs…. and you all are requested to stand up for the national anthem “.
Forget the rule book\ law whether to stand or not, but wouldn’t your blood boil if you see someone disrespecting our national heroes like Sandeep Unnikrishnan or Hemant Karkare who took gun shot to their heart so we could see this day?
You may see the video of national anthem and decide yourself , here is link :
Though it was sad to see that some people didn’t standup for the national anthem, what was even more disheartening was few media addressing the family on basis of their religion. FYI the first person to come aboard and support unknown bunch of youth, with just reading our sms was Salim Merchant – Not a Muslim man, but an Indian who believed in the cause
Welcome to my blog…here I’m gona tell you, all that’s happening in Fadoo TV. What we do? How we do? Our little ups and mannnnnny downs …The purpose of this blog is to reach out to you and tell the world to dream big, believe in it…it will come true! Nothing is impossible…